Ooni-Elect Ogunwusi: Father Says Destiny Smiled On His Son’s Face-Prince Ropo Ogunwusi, the father of the new Ooni of Ife-elect has revealed how nature had smiled on his son, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi’s face, allowing the covenant of God to come to pass in his( Ooni-elect) life.
According to the new King’s father, it had been revealed to the family before the birth of the incoming Ooni, that he would live to become king.
He said the family had also put the promise in constant remembrance that the Ooni-elect grandfather was always referring to him as “Ooni Adeyeye” before his death.
The new Ooni-elect’s father said his son had carried with from birth certain attributes which had always singled him out from other seven children.
He claimed:” Adeyeye has always carried this special attributes which many see in him and this is why his grandad always tagged him Ooni Adeyeye”.
Prince Ropo said his son would live the rest of his life for Ife town and would work for the peace, unity and progress of the people an of Yorubas in general.
It has been celebration galore since the name of Adeyeye has been released since Monday as the new Ooni-elect by Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State as Ife town erupted in jubilation following news that Prince Ogunwusi had been picked from among many contestants for the Obaship from the Giesi royal family of Ile Ife.
“The new landlord of the Royal House of Oduduwa has been named. The race itself was amazing in the assumptions made by contenders and the sublimity of the Ife kingmakers. At the end of the day, the gods spoke. It was in clear and unequivocal tongue. Adeyeye Eniitan. The deities speak in style. Long may you reign”, Mr Albert Oladapo Ogunwusi a family member of Ogunwusi family posted on the Facebook page.
The ruling party said it expect the new king to take off from where the late Sijuwade ended his glorious reign as it was looking forward to the eventful reign of the new Ooni.
Senate president Bukola Saraki, also sent his congratulatory message to the newly selected, advising him to concentrate on further solidifying the role of the Yoruba people in national unity.
As the news broke on Monday, a jubilant crowd roared throth the city in jubilation carrying a large portrait of the new Ooni-elect and marching through the town to his father’s residence on NTA Road, Mukoro area of the town, celebrating with the family and sharing the joy
A former Special Adviser to Osun State governor on Youths, Sport and Special Needs, Biyi Odunlade, an indigene of Ife, told reporters that a new era had dawned on the ancient town with the selection of a youthful and much energetic monarch.
Ogunwusi, he said, would be a revolutionary monarch, whose tenure will serve the best interest of everyone, particularly the youth, urging members of the other ruling houses – Lafogido, Osinkola and Ogboru – to embrace peace and work together for Ife’s progress.
Ooni-elect Ogunwusi has been welcomed to Ile Oduduwa, received by the traditional chiefs and priests who would run him for many rounds of traditional rites and rituals, expected to last for 21 days at Ilofi spiritual den.
According to sources a conventional 30 days seclusion period for the new Ooni-elect in Ilofi den before being crowned was reduced to 21 days by the traditional chiefs and the priests acting on spiritual guide as deity wants the installation of the Ooni to hold before Olojo festival coming up the end of November.
Short History Of Ooni-elect, ObaAdeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi
The new Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, was born 40 years ago into the family of Ropo and Margaret Ogunwusi. He is from the Ile Opa family Compound.
His father was a radio presenter between mid 1980’s and early 21st century.
Oba Ogunwusi is an engineer and a real estate developer.
His business interests span across various countries. He has been involved in engineering, procurement and construction locally and abroad for over 12 years. He is also actively involved in the development of over 2,500 housing units with various consortia of developers/promoters over eight years in Nigeria.
He facilitated strong trade relationships in over 200 member countries across the globe using the Association for International Business presence, an orgaisation he set up in Nigeria.
One of the key achievements of this body is the trade facilitation between the United Arab Emirates (Jebel Ali free Trade Zone Development) and the Nigerian government through the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission.
He was a co-organizer for Ondo State Economic Planning and Implementation Committee. He led the Government delegation team to Canada in 2002 for strategic alliances and partnership with Ondo State Government on solid mineral potentials of the state (Bitumen, Dimension Stones, Granite, etc.) which led to the formation of Amalgamated Mining and Exploration Company Limited – wholly owned by Ondo State Government.
He was involved in the facilitation and development of Sparkwest Steel Galvanizing Plant (the only Steel Galvanizing Plantin Nigeria), National Iron Ore Mining Company Limited and Jakura Mines resuscitation projects, which has eventually become the major limestone feed stock to Obajana Cement Plant in Kogi State, Nigeria.
Oba Ogunwusi is an accountant. He graduated from Polytechnic Ibadan and he is a member of ICAN where holds a certificate in Associate Accounting Technician, he is also member of Institute of Directors. Due to his large contact in Estate management, he is currently an active member of Global Estate Institute.
- Prince Adeyeye is 40 years old.
- The new Ooni of Ife was born into the Giesi Ruling House, Ojaja Royal Compound of Agbedegbede in Ile-Ife.
- Prince Adeyeye has always had a sophisticated background; his father, Prince Ropo, was a radio and television anchor and presentation star who spanned the mid-1980s to the early 21st century in the south-western part of Nigeria.
- His mother, Margaret Wuraola Ogunwusi, is from the Ile Opa family compound in Ile Ife.
- Prince Adeyeye is an astute entrepreneur who is driven by turning ‘impossibilities to possibilities’. This is evident in his savvy business ideas and distinctive youthful revolutions in Ile-ife. He was an entrepreneur right from college!
- The new Ooni of Ife is well-read. He has a Higher National Diploma in Accountancy from the Polytechnic of Ibadan.
- He is a member of professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), an Associate Accounting Technician and a certified member of the Institute of Directors (IoD) Nigeria. He is also an active member of the Global Real Estate Institute (GRI), having participated at various levels.
- Prince Adeyeye is presently an employer of about 300 indigenous youth at the Inagbe Cocowood Factory – Essential Homes Furniture brand, a first of its kind in Nigeria using 100% indigenous raw materials for production.
- He is loved and highly respected by the people of Ile-Ife. He is also said to have stayed very much in touch with his roots and tradition. He has close alliances with some of the most esteemed Royal fathers, leaders and kings men.
- The new Ooni of Ife is a director on the Board of Directors of Imperial Homes Mortgage Bank Limited, (formerly GTHomes), a leading national mortgage bank and former subsidiary of one of the biggest banks in Africa, GTBank Plc Source: Naij.com